Academic Programs (Graduate)
- Master’s Program:
- MDP: Master of Development Policy
- MPP: Master of Public Policy
- Global Finance and Regulation
- Trade and Industrial Policy
- Fiscal and Social Policy
- Regional Development and Environment
- Global Governance and Political Economy
- Entrepreneurship and Private Sector Development
- Public Management and Leadership
KDI School Distinctions
- Globalized Public Policy Graduate School
- The Public Policy Graduate School that operates its entire program in English
- The first Non-USA member school of NASPAA
- Selected institution for CAMPUS Asia Pilot Program run by Ministry of Education
- Signed MOU with 37 universities in 15 countries
- Knowledge Sharing over the World
- Produced 1,083 policy experts in 101 countries since 1998
- Shared Korea’s development knowhow with policy leaders in developing countries
- Top-notch Research Capacity
- Top-ranked in Korea when evaluated by the number of academic paper downloads from Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
- Faculty consisting of Ph.D.s from top-tier universities in the world
- Out of 41 full-time professors, 23 have work experience at policy-related institution such as Korea Development Institute, Bank of Korea, etc.
- Drawing the academic resources and global network from the Korea Development Institute which has been accumulated for the past 40 years
- InternationalStudent Body
- Ratio of international students in 2012: 51%
- Number of international alumni up to date: 1,038
- Application Deadline March 23, 2012
- Final Result Notification June 11, 2012
- Beginning of Korean Language Course September 3, 2012
Eligibility for Application
- Both the applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of the foreign country. Applicants should not have Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for a long period of time. Applicants must submit “Personal Medical Assessment” during the application process and if admitted, he/she must submit an “Official Medical Assessment” issued by a medical doctor. If serious conditions are found including HIV and drug related issues which may affect a long-term international study, admission will be rescinded prior to the applicant’s entry to Korea.
- Applicants should be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2012 (those who were born after September 1, 1972)
- Applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree as of August 31, 2012. Applicants who are enrolling or have already enrolled in the same academic program in Korea as the one they are applying for will not be admitted.
- Applicants should have a grade point average (GPA) at least 80% or higher from the previously attended institution. If the grade is difficult to convert to percentage, official explanatory documents from the attended university are required.
- If applicants submit either a Korean Proficiency Exam Score (TOPIK, KLPT) or English Proficiency Exam Score (TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS), they will be awarded additional points or given a preferential selection status in the initial round of evaluation.
- Document Review
- Interview in English: Only for applicants who pass document review
Campus Life (Residence Hall)
- On-campus dormitory and off-campus apartments
- Optimal Education Facility
- Wireless internet access throughout the campus
- Student chambers and computer lab open 24/7
- Video conference room for international conferences and long-distance learning
- Library with a variety of study resources and sustainable user service
- Club Membership
- Diverse clubs involved in various areas including academic society, sports, performing arts, culture, religion and etc.
- Study trip & Cultural event
- Monthly opportunities to visit industries and research institutes
- Monthly cultural events promoting the understanding of Korea.
- Any inquiries or document submission to: The Admissions Office E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.kdischool.ac.kr Tel: +82-2-3299-1281 Fax: +82-2-3299-1223
- If the applicant is currently enrolled in a university in Korea or have previously been enrolled in a university in Korea or are currently taking graduate courses in Korea they are NOT eligible to apply for this program.
- Applicants may apply through only a single recommending institution, which includes a diplomatic office, a university, and an adoption organization. If the applicant applies via more than one recommending institution, (i.e. two different universities or from a university and from a diplomatic office) he/she will be eliminated from the selection list.
- Documents submitted to the recommending institution for the application process will not be returned.
- If the information submitted in the application package is unclear or if any parts of the application material are missing, his/her application will not be sent for evaluation. If the above issues are found after the admission has been offered, the offered admission will be rescinded.
- All submitted documents must be originals. If the document is not drafted in Korean or English, it must be accompanied by a certified Korean or English translation.
- For record of awards, submit photocopies of the awards notarized/certified by the issuing institution.
- Personal Medical Assessment must not contain any false information. If any conditions which can affect a long-term international study are found during the health examination conducted after the offered admission, the admission decision will be rescinded.
- Submit 1~2 copie(s) of the dissertation/thesis.
- Once the applicant is offered admission, he/she cannot change the school of their choice. when submitting a photocopy of the required document, the applicant must obtain a form of certification/notary from the issuing institution confirming the validity of the copy as being the same as the original.
- If additional information is required during the evaluation process, additional documents may be requested for verification purposes.
- Applicants are responsible for any disadvantage resulting from error, omission or incorrect input of requested information. Please pay careful attention while completing the application form to avoid such issues. Once the application has been submitted, changes (including the application information or desired program of their choice) cannot be made.
KDI School of Public Policy and Management
Address: 87 Heogi-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, 136-868, Korea