Call for Application
Please klick here to download this File as PDF.
Short-term research grants provide young foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out a research project or continuing education and training at a German higher education institution or non-university research institute, but without aiming for a formal degree/qualification.
Depending on the applicant’s work schedule, the research stay will last between one and three months.
At anytime, 5 months prior to the proposed visit.
- have been enrolled in a doctoral program at the Indonesian university and should have registered for the doctoral program not more than three years at the time of the application
- A written confirmation of academic supervision by a professor in Germany for the duration of intended stay
- Besides previous study achievements, the most important selection criterion is a convincing and well-planned research or continuing education and training project to be completed during the stay in Germany and which has been coordinated and agreed with an academic supervisor at the chosen German host institute.
- German language skills are generally required, although the required level also depends on the applicant’s project and topic, as well as on the available opportunities for learning German in the applicant’s home country. In the natural sciences and in engineering disciplines, in particular, and when English is spoken at the host institute, proof of good English language skills may also be accepted.
- Applicants who have been in Germany for more than one year at the time of application, cannot be considered.
- DAAD-Form (PDF-File, 250 KB)
- A full curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A detailed description of the research project to be carried out in Germany
- A written confirmation of an academic supervision by a professor in Germany
- Two letters of recommendation of recent date (in English or German) by professors, academic advisors or senior research staff in the relevant field
- Certified copies of academic degree certificate obtained, together with German or English translation (S1, S2 or foreign Master certificate)
- Certified copies of any academic transcript, covering the complete duration of academic studies, together with German or English translation (S1, S2 or foreign Master academic transcript)
- Letter of confirmation from the postgraduate program regarding the enrollment at the program
- Study progress report from the doctoral program
- German language certificate or English language certificate (TOEFL Internet based 79 or ITP 550 points or IELTS 6, obtained in 2009 or 2010). TOEFL Prediction is not accepted.
All applications must be submitted to DAAD Jakarta Office in duplicate. The original will be forwarded to the DAAD Head Office in Bonn. The final decision is taken by the DAAD. Applications cannot be sent directly to DAAD head office in Bonn. The DAAD will not consider incomplete applications.