Leiden University, Belanda, menawarkan beasiswa bagi kandidat Uni Eropa dan Internasional yang bermaksud meneruskan studi jenjang S2 di universitas tersebut. Periode yang akan diberikan adalah 12 bulan (1 tahun) atau 24 bulan (2 tahun). Program dimulai September 2010 atau Februari 2011.
Kandidat yang berminat dapat mendaftar labih dari satu program yang ada, namun kandidat hanya akan memperoleh maksimal satu program beasiswa. Kandidat juga diharuskan membuat “letter of motivation”, yang menjelaskan mengapa mereka layak menerima beasiswa tersebut. Selain itu, kandidat wajib menyerahkan bukti yang menunjukkan mereka mampu membiayai studi di Belanda.
Leiden University offers scholarships to outstanding all nationalities students pursuing a master’s degree programme at Leiden University. The scholarship programme is intended for candidates showing the highest achievements and promise for a master’s degree study starting in September 2010 or February 2011. The maximum study period is 12 months (1-year programme) or 24 months (2-year programme).
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2010 or February 2011 ( All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden).
- All nationalities enrolling in the following programmes starting September 2010 or February 2011:
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air and Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European and International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- MA in International Relations and Diplomacy
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (”Studiefinanciering”; more information)
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree
- Students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions (pdf) attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 5 awards:
- Platinum: Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee* and an allowance of €10,000 for living costs
- Gold: Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee*
- Silver: Covers 75% of the tuition fee
- Bronze: Covers 50% of the tuition fee
- Ivory: Covers 25 % of the tuition fee
* The tuition fee will be reduced to the amount of the home fee. Students who have been awarded a Platinum or Gold award still have to pay the home fee themselves.
Application procedure for September 2010 / February 2011 intake:
|1A||Fill in your online application for admission to Leiden University||1 April 2010 for programmes starting in September 2010.1 October 2010 for programmes starting in February 2011 (the sooner the better)|
|B||Upload all necessary documents|
|C||Indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page|
|D||Upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page|
|E||Submit your online application|
|F||Pay the application fee|
|2A||All LExS applicants will be informed by the scholarship department of the International Office.||The end of April 2010 for September 2010 intake.Mid November 2010 for the February 2011 intake.|
Letter of motivation
To apply for the scholarship, you should write a letter of motivation (in Word) of a maximum of 500 words, in which you indicate why you believe you should be considered for this scholarship. The Word document should then be attached on the scholarship page in your online application for the master’s programmes for which you are applying.
It is possible to submit applications for more scholarship programmes simultaneously. However, it is not possible to obtain more than 1 scholarship from Leiden University for the same study programme.
If you have already submitted your online application for admission to Leiden University, but would still like to apply for the LExS scholarship, we kindly request you to submit the LExS motivation letter to the Scholarships department email at: email@example.com
A Faculty selection committee will review the applications. Students are selected on the basis of academic merit.
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application, according to the steps described under 1A-F by the aforementioned deadline. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications.
Students should be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship. It is necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance their study and stay completely.
One of the requirements for being granted a residence permit in the Netherlands is that students must submit proof that they have sufficient financial means to finance their study period in the Netherlands. Leiden University advises a budget, not including the tuition fee, of approx. €10,000 to €14,000 per year to cover the costs for rent, insurance, living expenses, course books and local transportation. How much money students actually spend will of course depend on their life style and spending habits.